Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Addicted to my iPod






Hello, My name is Beth Waite and I have an iPod Touch Addiction. I spend hours on iTunes looking for apps that will meet needs of students with disabilities - and there are so many amazing ones out there! My new favorite is called "Look2Learn" and it is simple communication app for a nonspeaking person. Priced under $25.00, it allows you to load your own symbols and photos representing desired activities and record your own voice. What is so great about this app is that is simple and straightforward - perfect for beginning communicators. Don't forget, with an iPad or iPod Touch you need an external mic - I found a great mic cord on Amazon that plugs into the ear buds you get with your iPod so that you have a mic and earphones all in one - for about $8.00!

You can come to my next iPod University workshop August 3rd for more tips and tricks for using ipod touch, iphone, ipad as assistive technology for people with disabilities.

No comments:

Post a Comment