Monday, June 22, 2009

Rain, Rain, Rain?

As I sit here looking out my window it is raining AGAIN! Here in Indiana it has rained just about every day the entire month of June. With outdoor activities limited I've been thinking about some of the projects I have brewing. One of them is to present "Switch It Up: Move to Communicate" at the Assistive Technology Industry Association conference in Chicago October 29-31. I love this presentation because it lets me highlight some of the great kids I've worked with who have moved from basic cause and effect with switches to more sophisticated computer and communication device use. Positioning is critical for this to happen. Tiffany, my excellent physical therapist colleague, and I presented this session at the ATIA in Orlando in January and the PATINS conference in Indianapolis in November 2008. If you are a midwesterner - do not miss the Chicago ATIA conference - this is the first year that they are coming to us. Or, if you want a winter break, go to the Orlando version in January. Last January while I was there here at home the kids got 3 snow days and 12 inches of snow (not sorry to miss that). Go to www.atia.org for more information. Wow, I think it has stopped raining? No, false alarm - it just slowed down some. Hopefully next time I post it will be sunny.

No comments:

Post a Comment